First lets talk about what a bursa is, a bursae(fluid filled sac) is a thin lubricant that are located at various areas in the body that help with friction between the bone and the surrounding soft tissue(Skin, Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons)
The two major bursae in the hip are the subgluteous medius and subgluteus maximus. My patients are often middle aged and have pain in the hip with a limp. Sleeping on the side where the bursae is inflamed is often to painful.
What can cause it?
This is where Chiropractors really assess the body as there are many things that can cause a bursitis. There is often a loss of internal rotation. Other things can cause a bursitis in the hip are low back dysfunctions, a leg length discrepancy and arthritic conditions.
How Can Health Wise Chiropractic Help?
Depending on what we find in a consultation, we often do the following:
- fixing the leg length discrepancy
- adjusting the pelvis and hip
- stretching the hip abductors
- if the problem is long term, we use our ultrasound therapy.
- after a couple of weeks, adjusting the hip when the inflammation has decreased is usually performed by the trained chiropractor.
If you want more information. Please call Health Wise Chiropractic 03 9467 7889 or book online to see one of our Chiropractors in Sunbury or Bundoora Today!
Below are some stretches the Chiropractor may prescribe.